Sunday, January 23, 2011

A Weekend in January


















Saturday we drove up the coast to Newport to look at a job we are bidding on. I took some pictures underneath the bridge, some pictures of crashing waves that were kind of disappointing because there were blow holes that made huge noises and looked great but in my pictures (as shown) it just looked like mist. Then we stopped at the sandspit in Waldport that was developed 10 to 15 years ago. Very expensive homes on the ocean (at sea level) with ocean in front and river in back. We thought they were crazy to build there and these pictures kind of show it. This wasn't from a tsunami, which is where we thought massive damage would someday happen. It is simply that the sand has almost completely taken over! Reminds me of a poem that was one of Marilyn Monroe's favorites..."Safe upon the solid rocks your ugly houses stand. Come and see my lovely castle built upon the sand."
When we returned, we headed out to Ada and spent the rest of the weekend relaxing. Relaxing? I spent hours pulling weeds and cutting down blackberry vines and I have the scratches to show for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment