Monday, May 9, 2011









We had some old friends out to visit at the lake house this weekend. It was nice to catch up! On the way out, I stopped at Woahink Lake (we live on Siltcoos Lake but pass the Siuslaw River, Cleowox Lake and Woahink Lake to get there) Where we live, there are eighteen Lakes, a river and the Pacific Ocean. I went up in a small plane, once, flying over our area and I was amazed at how little land there was compared to all that water!

Anyway, as I drove on I saw a herd of Elk in a field. They stood and watched me for a while but by the time I got my camera out they decided to walk away from the crazy lady. Still, they were Elk! Today, I took pictures of the lake looking through my Mother's Day flowers. I also took some pictures of our friends. But mostly, I cooked, we ate, did a lot of visiting, and then some more visiting while we cleaned up. After that, I put everything away, turned everything off, packed up the leftovers and headed back home. Mother's Day is over and tomorrow is just another work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment